Senior Accounting Associate | Scottsdale, AZ
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate to join Beacon Pointe Advisors as a Senior Accounting Associate who currently holds or is interested in pursuing a Series 27 license, in our Scottsdale, AZ location. Selected candidate will join a highly-talented team of professionals across multiple offices, and work specifically on developing and managing our Companies’ Broker-Dealer related processes and requirements. The position will collaborate with the Accounting Team in support of firm-wide accounting processes and comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Partner with the CFO and CEO to develop, outline and execute FINOP responsibilities for a registered broker-dealer
- Prepare and retain financials, regulatory books and records, and ensure regulatory requirements (SEC, FINRA) are met
- FINRA Examination and financial audit support
- Monitor and support the cash flow needs of the Broker-Dealer’s operations
- Ensure accurate production and completion of month-end, quarter-end and year-end close processes.
- Monitor and supervise the reconciliation of customer deposits and withdrawals
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments and making strategic recommendations for process/control modifications and the oversight of their implementation
- Assist client billing, billing reports, accounting entries, billing reconciliation, accounting reports and referral fee processing
- Assist Accounting Team in processing Company transactions and reporting functions
- Participation in team projects, assisting with initiatives designed to streamline firm policies and procedures.
- Other accounting duties, as assigned
- Four-year college degree with Accounting or business administration emphasis
- Series 27 required or pursuing
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of accounting experience with a Broker-Dealer
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office ® products. Advanced MS Excel skills required
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-centered environment.
Interested Candidates: Please complete the brief assessment that is part of the application process. Once completed, please add your resume to complete your profile.
About Beacon Pointe Advisors
Beacon Pointe Advisors is a multi-billion dollar Registered Investment Advisor with headquarters in Southern California and affiliate offices nationwide. Beacon Pointe provides clear and objective investment advice, solely advocating for our diverse group of clients including institutions (i.e., endowments, foundations), high-net-worth individuals and families. Our advisors’ extensive expertise and strong commitment to our clients can be seen through numerous awards, including being recognized by Bloomberg, Forbes, Financial Advisor Magazine, CNBC, Barron’s and more. For more information, please visit www.beaconpointe.com.
Beacon Pointe provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
|Job Category||Financial Planning|