Senior Accountant | Remote/Scottsdale, AZ
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate to join Beacon Pointe Advisors as a Senior Accountant in our Scottsdale, AZ location. The Senior Accountant will provide a broad spectrum of professional accounting support including driving GAAP compliance and monthly closing/reporting activities for one of the top RIA firms in the country. The role offers a multi-faceted experience with full visibility of the Financial Statements, Audit exposure, opportunities for cross-functional collaboration, and exposure to senior leadership across the business, including Advisor Services, Business Development, M&A, Compliance, and Operations. The ideal candidate is an ambitious self-starter, good communicator, and great collaborator who is highly motivated to learn and grow within a fast-paced organization. The position reports directly to the Accounting Manager.
• Perform month-end close activities and closing journal entries for several LLC entities, in compliance with internal policies and procedures, GAAP, and industry “best practices”.
• Monthly revenue recognition processes in accordance with GAAP.
• Account for cash transactions in multiple bank accounts including third party payment processor.
• Fixed asset accounting, depreciation calculation, and reporting.
• Full Balance Sheet visibility including assigned account reconciliations for multiple legal entities.
• Partner with teammates to help resolve A/P, A/R, Payroll, and other GL issues.
• Payroll journal entry validation and analysis of compensation related expenses.
• Respond to internal business requests for detailed information and other analyses while working across functions to research inquiries.
• Implement continuous improvement initiatives by analyzing current processes and procedures including researching and recommending changes.
• Assist with compiling AUM data from various sources for forecasting, budgeting, and modeling.
• Exposure to Acquisition Transactions and Purchase Price Accounting.
• Support the FP&A and Budgeting process were needed.
• Assist with external Audit to provide PBC requests.
• Assist with special projects & analyses assigned by Accounting Manager and Controller.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• 3-5 years of related experience
• CPA and/or MBA preferred
• Public accounting experience desired
• Advanced or intermediate Excel skills required
• Oracle NetSuite and/or other financial accounting software experience a strong plus
• Experience in Financial Services and understanding of related accounting issues desired
Interested Candidates: Please click on the link below to apply. Please ensure your resume is uploaded prior to completing the process. Thank you!
Salary Range: $85,000 – $93,000
About the Beacon Pointe Family of Companies
Beacon Pointe Advisors is a multi-billion dollar Registered Investment Advisor with headquarters in Southern California and affiliate offices nationwide. Beacon Pointe provides clear and objective investment advice, solely advocating for our diverse group of clients including institutions (i.e., endowments, foundations), high-net-worth individuals and families. Our advisors’ extensive expertise and strong commitment to our clients can be seen through numerous awards, including being recognized by Bloomberg, Forbes, Financial Advisor Magazine, CNBC, Barron’s and more. For more information, please visit www.beaconpointe.com.