Performance Analyst | Newport Beach, CA
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to join Beacon Pointe Advisors as a performance analyst in our Newport Beach, CA office. The performance analyst will join a highly talented team of institutional investment consultants and analysts that service the investment management needs of high net worth individuals, families and institutions. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of both educational and professional achievement; with a commitment and passion for delivering exceptional service to the firm’s clients and associates.
- Comprehensive servicing oversight of institutional client assignments – to include the following:
- Administration of client pertinent data in Microsoft Outlook database
- Working knowledge and familiarity with key components of client organization and servicing requirements
- Relationship management with client representatives and related vendor organizations (investment managers, custodians)
- Coordination, completion and follow through of all projects pertaining to clients
- Back office expert in all matters pertaining to client under assignment umbrella
- Orchestration and coordination of commission recapture programs for clients, to include monitoring of investment manager’s compliance with policies and protocols
- Create portfolio transition plans for any new clients
- Process cash withdrawal requests for clients, involving coordination with investment managers and custodians
- Oversee production and binding of all reports
- Research corporate actions on behalf of clients with the assistance of custodians and investment
- Prepare fee analysis of individual investment managers and overall portfolio as needed
Client Investment Policy Statements
- Maintenance and upkeep of investment guidelines for each institutional client
- Amendments to guidelines on an ongoing basis – including review of compliance and manager transitions/changes
- On a quarterly basis, review/ensure that performance and asset allocation are compliant with stated strategy parameters
Asset Allocation Studies
- Conducting asset allocation studies for clients as needed – to include preparation of efficient frontiers and recommended asset allocations using in-house portfolio optimization software
- Evaluation of any tax concerns, spending policies and client goals relevant to the asset allocation analysis
- Performing Monte Carlo Analysis on current and recommended portfolios using in-house software
- Compile final asset allocation analysis report into format for client/prospect
Investment Performance Evaluation and Reporting
- Oversight of statement intake from all client custodians and managers – tracking and routine dissemination of statements to responsible party who enters them into InvestorForce system (typically by month end) – making certain all statements are in, and tracking down any that are missing
- For each client’s given reporting cycle, summarization of performance data into a one-page “Executive Summary” for assigned clients
- Reconciliation of all internally calculated returns with investment managers to ensure accuracy
- Scrutiny and diligence in review of all compiled numeric information, taking extraordinary measures to maximize accuracy
- Absolute adherence to quality-control protocol – adhering to timeframe goals while obtaining necessary review signoffs
- Prepare up-to-date off-period performance figures prior to quarterly meetings so that the consultants and clients can see how the portfolio has performed after quarter end
Investment Manager Research
- Production of performance attribution reports on a quarterly basis for investment managers and related vehicles
- Generation of Style Advisor “Zephyr” reports to screen potential new managers and monitor existing managers
- Prepare investment manager search presentations with the collaboration of the consultants and manager research analysts; involves use of Morningstar Direct, Informa – Zephyr SytleAdvisor, phone and internet research
- Undergraduate degree required (Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or Economics preferred) – 2018 and prior.
- 1-2+ years of relevant experience and/or training.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- CFA candidates preferred
Interested candidates: Please click on the following link to complete a brief assessment that is part of the application process. We suggest allowing 15 – 20 minutes to complete the assessment. Once you have completed it, you will see a button where you can add a resume to your profile. Please make sure and include your resume as well prior to completing the process. Click here to begin: https://iworkzone.com/eng/pages/viewJobDetails/916/1b3212a17be1679b162383d2adfc7ed2
About Beacon Pointe Advisors
Beacon Pointe Advisors is a multi-billion dollar Registered Investment Advisor with headquarters in Southern California and affiliate offices nationwide. Beacon Pointe provides clear and objective investment advice, solely advocating for our diverse group of clients including institutions (i.e., endowments, foundations), high-net-worth individuals and families. Our advisors’ extensive expertise and strong commitment to our clients can be seen through numerous awards, including being recognized by Bloomberg, Forbes, Financial Advisor Magazine, CNBC, Barron’s and more. For more information, please visit www.beaconpointe.com.
|Job Category||Analysts & Research|