Network Administrator (Associate or Senior Associate DOE)
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to join our growing technology team as a Network Administrator in our Scottsdale, AZ office. This individual will handle a wide range of technical responsibilities including routine-to-advanced user support, network administration, website development and support, and the management of internal technology systems. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of both educational and professional achievement; with a commitment and passion for delivering exceptional technology support to the organization.
- Provide full range of network and technical support to employees across multiple offices
- Own network and system maintenance; including physical & virtual servers, firewalls, switches, patch maintenance, security upgrades & updates, etc.
- Oversee core 3rdparty systems and vendors such as Office365, Tamarac, Morningstar, RingCentral, Symantec, and Zephyr. This entails user setup, maintenance, vendor management (due diligence), and support
- Proactively identify and resolve security vulnerabilities, diagnose cybersecurity threats, and ensure systems are meeting business needs while mitigating firm business risk
- Conduct new employee technology on-boarding and off-boarding to include Active Directory setup, hardware procurement, software installation, system imaging, deployment of other technology needs and training
- Document technical policies and procedures, including cybersecurity protocol, business contingency best practices, user administrator protocol, hardware & software inventory, etc.
- Keep abreast of technology trends, attend industry training events and evolve technology strategy as needed
- Maintain internal intranet and external websites, to also include SEO and website development (HTML)
- Collaborate with staff related to general troubleshooting, technical training, and communication of best practices
- Serve as back-up to Salesforce administrator as needed
- Undergraduate degree required (bachelor’s degree in information technology preferred)
- 2 – 4+ years of relevant experience
- Advanced technical aptitude & superior troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written skills
- Strong commitment to detail with excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving work environment
- Proficiency in Windows 10, Windows Server 2012/2016, Hyper-V, SharePoint, and Office365 required
- Experience working with Meraki firewalls and Meraki/Cisco switches is a plus
- After-hours and weekend support may be required during system maintenance windows or should an unexpected issue arise
Interested candidates: Please click on the following link to complete a brief assessment that is part of the application process. We suggest allowing 15 – 20 minutes to complete the assessment. Once you have completed it, you will see a button where you can add a resume to your profile. Please make sure to include your resume prior to completing the process. Click here to begin: http://bit.ly/BPITAScotts
About the Beacon Pointe Family of Companies
As a fiduciary, Beacon Pointe provides clear and objective investment advice, solely advocating for our diverse group of clients including institutions, high-net-worth individuals and families. Our advisors’ extensive expertise and strong commitment to our clients can be seen through numerous awards, including being recognized by Bloomberg, Forbes, Financial Advisor Magazine, CNBC, Barron’s and more. For more information, please visit www.beaconpointe.com.
|Job Category||Client Service & Operations|