Estate Strategist | Nationwide/Remote
We are seeking a qualified candidate to join Beacon Pointe Advisors as an Estate Strategist. The qualified candidate may be located nationwide; There is a potential for remote work.
The Strategic and Legacy Planning department provides comprehensive planning and advice across multiple offices to sophisticated, high net worth individuals and families to help preserve and transfer wealth, plan to care for their estates and themselves in the event of incapacity, facilitate family meetings, and oversee related trust and estate planning initiatives.
The Estate Strategist must be able to diagram a client’s estate plan, make recommendations to simplify or improve a client’s estate plan, identify tax-efficient wealth transfer opportunities, and facilitate family meetings. The candidate should have experience in trust and estate planning or administration and act as a subject matter expert in at least one of the following planning areas: wealth transfer, charitable, retirement, business succession, or insurance. They should be comfortable representing the firm with prospects, clients, and centers of influence, including speaking at industry events.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ownership of the wealth planning for HNW/UHNW clients with $1M-$10M AUM.
- Assessment of estate plans, including interpreting the planning documents, reviewing the financial plan in eMoney, diagramming the estate plan, making recommendations to address client goals, and presenting to clients.
- Subject matter expert in simple and complex estate planning matters.
- Guidance to advisory teams as to family meetings and upon the incapacity or death of a client.
- Collaboration and frequent communication within the division and with Wealth Advisors and internal associates – both verbally and in writing.
- Research of specific topics, legislation, or other planning matters, for purposes of internal projects, as well as internal and external materials.
- Construction of internal and external educational seminars.
- Identification of solutions and services as sales opportunities.
- Participation in both department and firmwide projects.
- Continued planning knowledge through internal and external firm training/self-study/industry participation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- J.D. required.
- 3-5 years of experience in estate planning or administration required. At least one year of legal experience in a law firm required.
- Competency with eMoney, BNA, or other planning, tax, or research software preferred.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and able to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc.) required.
- Additional designations (CTFA, CFP, etc.) or advanced degrees (LL.M) preferred.
Interested Candidates: Please complete the brief assessment that is part of the application process. Once completed, please add your resume to complete your profile.
Salary Range: $125,000 – $175,000
About the Beacon Pointe Family of Companies
Beacon Pointe Advisors is a multi-billion-dollar Registered Investment Advisor with headquarters in Southern California and affiliate offices nationwide. Beacon Pointe provides clear and objective investment advice, solely advocating for our diverse group of clients including institutions (i.e., endowments, foundations), high-net-worth individuals and families. Our advisors’ extensive expertise and strong commitment to our clients can be seen through numerous awards, including being recognized by Bloomberg, Forbes, Financial Advisor Magazine, CNBC, Barron’s and more. For more information, please visit www.beaconpointe.com.
|Job Category||Wealth Planning|