Director of Risk Management | Newport Beach, CA
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to join Beacon Pointe Advisors as a Director of Risk Management in the Research Department of our Institutional Consulting Services Group out of our Newport Beach, CA office. This candidate will join a highly talented team of wealth management and client service professionals that service the investment management and financial planning needs of high-net-worth individuals, families and institutions, including discretionary and non-discretionary foundations and endowments, OCIO, retirement plans and insurance companies. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of both educational and professional achievement; with a commitment and passion for delivering exceptional service to the firm’s clients and associates.
- Assist in the selection and manage the Global Multi-Asset Risk Model, most likely the Northfield Analytics Everything Everywhere model
- Develop and produce risk reports for all OCIO portfolios, select High Net Worth Individuals and select Institutional consulting portfolios.
- Develop a story to market the Risk Model as a competitive advantage in institutional consulting presentations: “not just advice, we build risk-managed global multi asset portfolios”
- Help craft a story to market the Risk Model as a competitive advantage in institutional consulting presentations: “not just advice, we build risk-managed global multi asset portfolios”
- Prepare the Macro and Asset Allocation presentation materials for the Quarterly Investment Committee meetings using Excel and Bloomberg API (FactSet is also a possibility)
- Create and manage an individual equity research process to assist in the management of individual equity positions we own outside of mutual funds/ETFs or SMAs across the complex. Evaluate more efficient models for managing these positions.
- Prepare institutional quality research content (white papers, podcasts, webinars) on various Macro and Markets topics that will help to build our brand in both the Institutional and Private Client channels
- Participate in team meetings and collaborate with team on projects and/or initiatives designed to streamline firm policies and procedures
- Participate in finals presentations where appropriate.
- Other duties, as assigned
- At least a Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, or Quantitative Finance plus a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or Economics required.
- Risk taking background required – at least ten years of experience in complex investment management environment as a portfolio manager or senior analyst
- Experience in managing long only equity portfolios required, long-short preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written skills
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Bloomberg, FactSet, Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office 365, etc.)
Interested Candidates: Please complete the brief assessment that is part of the application process. Once completed, please add your resume to complete your profile.
About Beacon Pointe Advisors
Beacon Pointe Advisors is a Registered Investment Advisor with headquarters in Southern California, 17 affiliate offices nationwide and 200+ employees. Beacon Pointe provides clear and objective investment advice, solely advocating for our diverse group of clients including institutions (i.e., endowments, foundations), high-net-worth individuals and families. Our advisors’ extensive expertise and strong commitment to our clients can be seen through numerous awards, including being recognized by Bloomberg, Forbes, Financial Advisor Magazine, CNBC, Barron’s and more. For more information, please visit www.beaconpointe.com.
Beacon Pointe provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
|Job Category||Analysts & Research|