Controller | Newport Beach, CA
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate to join Beacon Pointe Advisors as a Controller, in our Newport Beach, CA location. Selected candidate will join a highly-talented team of professionals across multiple offices. This role focuses on the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary companies, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process and record all intercompany transactions
- Process and record payroll in a timely manner
- Process 401k deferrals in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual review of the company and its subsidiaries
- Coordinate the provision of information to external tax preparers for the annual tax filings of the company and its subsidiaries
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants, when applicable
- Four-year college degree with Accounting or business administration emphasis
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of accounting experience (financial services industry preferred
- CPA Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office ® products. Advanced MS Excel skills required
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting software is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-centered environment.
Please click on the following link to complete a brief assessment that is part of the application process. We suggest allowing 15 – 20 minutes to complete the assessment. Once the you have completed it, you will see a button where you can add a resume to your profile. Please make sure and include your resume as well prior to completing the process.
About Beacon Pointe Advisors
Beacon Pointe Advisors is a multi-billion dollar Registered Investment Advisor with headquarters in Southern California and affiliate offices nationwide. Beacon Pointe provides clear and objective investment advice, solely advocating for our diverse group of clients including institutions (i.e., endowments, foundations), high-net-worth individuals and families. Our advisors’ extensive expertise and strong commitment to our clients can be seen through numerous awards, including being recognized by Bloomberg, Forbes, Financial Advisor Magazine, CNBC, Barron’s and more. For more information, please visit www.beaconpointe.com
Beacon Pointe provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
|Job Category||Client Service & Operations|