Middle-aged couple with grown kids and both spouses recently retired from IT industry.
$2.5 million – mostly retirement assets, but also some taxable with several large positions in low basis tech stocks.
Beacon Pointe Value Add:
We understand that every client has their own unique financial circumstances. Our success in the case was predicated on:
- Helped clients understand the investing space – SRI/ESG/Sustainable/Impact
- Portfolio Management & Planning
- Illustrated historical performance that competes with market returns while reflecting client values
- Reviewed a sample Social Investment Policy Statement which we helped the client develop
- Discussed and demoed how Beacon Pointe uses state-of-the-art technology in our planning process, implementing a dynamic online financial planning dashboard, etc.
- Beacon Pointe’s Manager Research Department has a dedicated focus on SRI and Impact Investing strategies, with emphasizing on both inclusion (environment, social, governance) as well as traditional exclusion
- Beacon Pointe has over 20+ years of SRI/ESG experience
- Have portfolio reflect their personal values
- Have portfolio reflect their planning goals
- Hold the client accountable to an annual budget via the use of Beacon Pointe’s financial planning dashboard/portal
- Offer the client opportunities for further education in the SRI space
Beacon Pointe Action Items:
- Complete review of portfolio using their Social Investment Policy Statement as a guideline
- Used several private placements in the Impact Investing space
- Execute on exit strategy for taxable positions over time
- Coordinate with CPA on tax planning
- Initiate a DAF as well as 529 Plans for grandchildren
- Work with next generation on their planning and investing small amounts of money; facilitate a personal relationship with the next generation of the family’s investors
- Follow up on the personal referral to the client’s brother
- Invited them to our quarterly client education seminar series which they can attend in person or remotely